The Annual Cheltenham Festival in the English Cotswolds is one of the biggest races of the National Hunt racing calendar in the UK. And with the event fast approaching, now is the perfect time to start planning your trip!
Taking place next year between March 14–17, the high-stakes Cheltenham Festival is characterized by its world-class Jump racing, celebratory atmosphere, and spirited betting. If you have been thinking about attending or would like to start planning for the upcoming festival, you can take advantage of their early bird pricing until October 22, 2016.
In addition to the excitement of the races and betting, you can also enjoy the shopping village, final flight bar, and Guinness village—and that’s just the beginning.
The schedule for the 2017 Cheltenham Festival includes the following events:
- Champion Day – March 14, 2017
- Ladies Day – March 15, 2017
- St Patrick’s Thursday – March 17, 2017
- Gold Cup Day – March 17, 2017
With all the fun going on during the festival, you may not have time to even think about sightseeing and exploring the surrounding area. So why not extend your trip a few days to enjoy the beauty and splendor of rural Gloucester? Journey’s Equestrian Travels makes it easy for you by curating personalized and exclusive travel itineraries that give you VIP access to some of the UK’s most prominent equestrian icons and premier destinations.
Make Your Visit to the Cheltenham Festival a Memorable Experience
- Enjoy breakfast at Jonjo Oneill’s family house, and afterward, join in on a private tour of the training stables.
- Visit one of the area’s many great racing pubs for Sunday lunch or an afternoon drink. You may even meet one of the key figures in the equestrian industry, as they often enjoy a meal at England’s famous racing pubs.
- Make a stop at Highclere Stud, where you’ll get to visit with the Queen’s very own bloodstock advisor.
Whether you make time for these great experiences during the festival or you plan to extend your stay awhile, let us help make your trip to the 2017 Cheltenham Festival a truly unforgettable experience.
Ready to start planning for the 2017 Cheltenham Festival? Contact the team at Journeys Equestrian Travels today.