Castle Leslie Estate is the perfect equestrian holiday escape. It is a great opportunity to explore the beautiful Irish countryside on horseback. The Estate is only eighty minutes from the Dublin airport and sixty minutes from the Belfast airport. The Estate is located in County Monaghan on 1,000 acres of lush woodlands and glittering lakes. Castle Leslie is one of the last great Irish castles that is still owned by its original founding family. The Estate also offers Village Houses and The Old Stables Mews for groups of guests who want to combine the hotel living with private self-catering.
The Equestrian Centre on the Estate welcomes all levels of riders and any rider over the age of four. Rides can range from gentle hacks to exhilarating cross country rides. There are several different packages that are offered to guests.
Learn to Ride in Five Days
This program is great for the more experience rider who wants to improve their riding skills. This package includes a great mix of estate rides, cross country, show jumping, and dressage. This 3 day programs offers 3 hours of riding and 3 nights Bed & Full Irish breakfast, and also a choice of a 2 course meal each night in Conor’s Bar or a main course in Snaffles Restaurant. The activity will be part of a group session.
This packages the same as The Horse Sport x 5 Days, but it just includes a 5 day riding program and a stay of 5 nights.
The Happy Hacker x 3 Days
This is a great for those who want to just spend time exploring the countryside on horseback. This three day program includes daily estate rides. It includes 3 hours of riding per day, 3 nights Bed & Full Irish breakfast, and also a choice of a 2 course meal each night in Conor’s Bar or a main course in Snaffles Restaurant. The activity will be part of a group session.
The Happy Hacker x 5 Days
This packages the same as The Happy Hacker x 3 Days, but it just includes a 5 day riding program and a stay of 5 nights.
The Equestrian Center:
- 300 new cross country jumps
- 1,000 acres of private estate
- Well-schooled horses
- 21 miles of meandering bridleways
- 56 stables
- 50×30 meter indoor arena with indoor cross-country fences
- 20×50 Dressage Arena
- Tired seating by indoor for 200 plus private dining/viewing room
- Miles-long all-weather gallop
- Horse simulator for beginners
- Qualified coaches with over 25 years’ experience
Children’s Indoor Group Riding Lessons:
- Small Groups
- Tots Rides (4 & 5 year olds)
- Complimentary tea and coffee for parents while viewing from an indoor heated gallery
- Qualified Instruction
Children’s Saddle Club
- It caters to children from age the 4-15. The Saddle Club runs every week day from 10:30 am-12:30 pm.
- Saddle Club includes: Games & Competitions, Lessons & Hacking, Pony Parlour & Pony Care